1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monroe Muscle Load Supports

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PlowGuy, Aug 14, 2002.

1. PlowGuy

PlowGuy Junior Member

Greetings all! Does anyone know if Monroe is still making the Muscle LSE load supports? Shockwarehouse.com had been selling them but I cannot find them there anymore.

Have the Timbrens on the front and they are great! Thought I would try Monroe on the back, and the fact that Monroes are under a $100 and Timbrens for the rear are over $250.

Thanks for any insight!

Dreamin' 'bout plowin'!

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

As far as I know they still make them. I just got a set about a month ago to replace the one I split down the side. I got them at a local parts store when i originally purchased them and they had no problem getting them or this last set, warranty bought the last set.
    The Monroe's had a 1 year warranty on them and the parts store replaced them without any hassel at all.
    I like how they work but I can't compare them to the Timbrens as I have never used them. Also the price was quite a bit less.

Good luck in your search
    Mark K

3. PlowGuy

PlowGuy Junior Member

Thanks. I'll check into a local retailer. Was trying to find someplace on the web also..

Monroe still lists them on thier website but thats all they do. No link to more info, etc.

Thanks again.... P.S. was your local retailer a national chain by any chance?

4. SnoJob67

SnoJob67 Senior Member

Where to buy...

Napa used to stock the Muscle LSE's. I am happy with mine. I may add rears since I am considering using a Vbox on my F250HD. Every little bit helps.

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I got mine at a Big A/Carquest store

6. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

I got mine from napa , I also have some timbrens on a different truck and realized that they are worth the extra expense....they perform better

7. PlowGuy

PlowGuy Junior Member

Thanks all for the responses....

Thanks, OBRYANMAINT, I have the timbrens on the front and they work great. I was curious how some compared the two. I may just stick with the Timbrens on the back.