1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monro muffler and brake

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by KGRlandscapeing, Oct 6, 2008.

1. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Anybody ever pushd lots for this company. Seem kinda of strange in how they worded there contract thing.

Offer your contract and point out how it might improve situations for everyone, safer for the customers and that theres no lost time in business hours.

if you go just by there contract and you dont like it. walk away. and make sure they know the difference between a contract, a scope, and a request for bids. signing one thing could make you end up signing by force something else you dont like, see all the paper work upfront and provide your own for them to look at.
  3. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

only one i know of around here the service manager has a truck and plows under his company name and pays himself to plow while still on the clock for monro
  4. KGRlandscapeing

That sounds about right. I put a call in to there HQ about it but i just sent in the contract its close small ill worry about it if they accept. There HQ seems like real jerks i know the manager well here and he dosent like dealing with them but. You take the money where you can get it.
  5. KGRlandscapeing

The only one i have seen in PA was in titusville on the way to my cabin
  6. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

well this guys moonlights in the shop when it not snowing and them if it snowing like i said hes plowing his normal route and still on monro's time . might be worth a shot only other one i know if have kinda of same set up but a junker truck in back with a blade for plowing.
  7. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

I'm going today to sign a contract ( if i can get my laptop to work) with a local monroe. A good friend is the manager there so thats how i got it. The guy last year was only doing it for 25 bucks and wouldnt show up till 10 or 11am. I did it a couple times for him last year because the guy never showed and i'd hang out there in off time.

My friend said to bring my own contract and he'll sign it and send a copy to corp.
  8. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

your contract dont mean jack to the corp, you can send it all you want, they wont even consider you untill you sign theres.

they have a max push amount of 85 bucks. 75 dollar salt . and you can charge up to the normal price per push for revisits.

ive had them for a couple years, they pay good, as long as you get the invoice to the right person.