1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Money Vs Plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by BladeScapes, Sep 23, 2007.

1. BladeScapes

BladeScapes Junior Member

I Have a 98 F-150 4x4 and need a plow for it. Im just starting out and really don't know the best brands, how much money i want to throw down on a plow, or even how much business i will end up getting this season. What are some good reliable plows that I should look at? Do Personal plows suck that bad? or should i stick with commercial?:
  2. dakotasrock

dakotasrock Senior Member
    from MN

Asking which kind of plow is the best on plowsite is like asking if democrats or republican's are the better party.

If your going to be doing parking lots, stick with a commercial plow. If your going to be doing residentals, try to stick with a commercial plow. Homeowner plows just are not made for abuse.

Personally, I like western. Boss is up there too when it comes to straight blades. A good plow will set u back 4-6 grand.
  3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

The manufacturers, themselves, designate them as Personal Use and Commercial for a reason. To use a Personal Use plow for Commercial use is like buying a Festiva and expecting it to perform like a Lamborgini. Start with that, figure you'll basically get what you pay for and decide how much plow you want. Take a deep breath, go to your local plow dealer and write a big check for what you want.

Some people get into plowing "to make a little money on the side". They usually last maybe one season or go back and buy what they should have to start with.