1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monday Storm For North East Latest?

Discussion in 'Weather' started by C35004X4, Jan 17, 2007.

1. C35004X4

C35004X4 Junior Member

Central Pa. Here.. Any One Here The Lastest On Mondays Storm. Last I Heard It May Slide South,
    THE SECOND HERE SHOULD HAVE BEEN HEAR.. SORRY

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  2. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

snow maps posted already

Central Pa. you will have to wait until Monday's storm.Poconos where I am 1-3 fri and New England 3-6 and maybe a BLIZZARD for Maine.
    Glenn.

3. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

Wait until Sunday night the forecasters will know more about the storm then :rolleyes:

4. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

That's right, about Friday's storm that is. By Sunday, they might have the details worked out. As for Monday's storm, check back on Wednesday. I assume that's what your eye rolling meant. :D

5. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

He's right, though. You can't listen to the meteorologists. I'll just keep my eyes open and see what happens.

6. BMPM

BMPM Member

the latest for Hershey Pa is a dusting to a 1/2" on thurs. night and mix for monday. The local weather men are grasping at whatever? I'm ready for whatever comes this way!! What we need is a storm like the blizzard of 77-78 that was awsome.

7. Turf Masters

Turf Masters Member

No Snow Again!

Woke up this morning and the snow for Friday is gone and the storm for Monday will stay south.I can't even buy a snow storm!!:cry:

8. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

The forecasters went from saying we are going into a really stormy pattern to giving me the possibility of an inch tonight then all storms next week are misses. They change it every day

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Technically you could buy a snow storm. You would need the tempature under 32f. A big tanker full of water. Then get one of those snow making machines and attached to the back of your pick up truck, Wait till after midnight and go around and lay down 6 fresh fluffy inches of snow on all your accounts. payup payup payup
    But I would recomend unbolting the snow machine from the back of your truck before you plow out your customers.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  10. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

why take it off, just keep blowing the snow out behind you and tell your customers it just wont stop snowin for some reason...

11. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

32 wont work, thats a thing of the past, apparently, and according to last storm it can now rain at 26'. The laws of physics are now working against us.

12. Antnee77

from RI

Has it changed over the years? I don't understand.

13. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

Well lets see, thursday of last week in aurora/lisle area it was 26* out and raining. not raining and freezing , just raining.

14. Antnee77

from RI

Oh, I see. I just re-read your post. I thought you meant that it used to snow at 32, but now it has to be colder.

15. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Well it can be 26 and raining. If the air above the low clouds is above 32 it willstart out as rain then change to sleet on the way down. The atmosphere has to be cold enbough to snow. That is why it can snow at 35f near the ground

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check out Sno-Farmer's snow on demand service, he'll bring the equipment you provide the water.

17. MSS Mow

MSS Mow Senior Member
    from Maine

Ah, we have a meteoroligist on the site. :D

Thanks for that clarification. Now, if you could go and inform the "so-called" real meteoroligist on how to forecast weather, all of us here would be very appreciative. Thanks for your help Big Dave. :gunsfiring:

18. MRNYC

MRNYC Junior Member

Sunday Monday Storm In Ne

Yep Going South Get Aload Of This Cold Air Pushing It South Unbeleivable Finally Get Cold Air Now Its Pushing Storms South North Carolina Has More Snow This Season Then Nyc

19. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

I'm a few miles NE of Philly PA. As of about 1/2 hour ago (when I heard an update on the radio) it looks like we will be lucky to see 1". They are saying late tonight into Monday morning rush hour. Ice is very likely, more likely than snow. :cry:

20. JeepPlow18

JeepPlow18 Senior Member

Yea thats what they said for northern jersey too, unfortunitly.:mad: