1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monday Night Snow

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ACL&L Plowing, Dec 5, 2005.

1. ACL&L Plowing

ACL&L Plowing Junior Member

What are you getting at the moment and what are you expecting? We are supposed to get 4"-7" in Coastal New Jersey(Ocean County). Its starting out pretty wet so far 9pm. Looked at NOAA weather and it looks like half of the cloud cover has already passed us. What are your thoughts? South of Jersey did you get much snow?
  2. yankees1

yankees1 Junior Member

2-3 expected for sw conn.
  3. 1-3 in No. NJ.
  4. sgoalie23

sgoalie23 Member

Really, I heard 3-6" for fairfield county area.
  5. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

They are all over the place with the amounts. Storms like this worry me because you never know what you will wake up to.
  6. Gusco

Gusco Senior Member

Not snowing now. And im not expecting it to.:cry:
  7. lawncare18

lawncare18 Senior Member

weather people suck.. only job I can think of where someone can be right or wrong and still has a job.. its hard to predict what the morning will bring.. gona be a 2 3 am morning for many of you plowers in ct, mass and jersey..

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

Well down here it was a bust. Some stations down here were saying 2-4" while others were saying 3-6" in Northern Virginia. As it stands now we got 2" on the grass and nothing on the roads except for water which in my book does not count.:angry:

The only guys that will be making any money in this area are the ones with spreaders and they might not even need to spread anything in the early am, just depends on the temps and if it starts to freeze.
  9. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

we just got downgraded from 3-5 to less than one inch. gotta love that NE weather!

MOW ME OVER Senior Member

HA now you know how we feel alot down here in the DC metro area. LOL
  11. Boutallnite

Boutallnite Senior Member

Well that pretty much SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:gunsfiring: :cry:
  12. You're telling me that EVERY weatherman in the northeast got this storm wrong? And these guys are suppose to be scientists, right?

What a bunch of humps!!
  13. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

1/2-1" in Rochester, 2" here in the boondocks..

Wish I could rely on someones forecast :realmad:
  14. makplow

makplow Senior Member

3 or 4 days ago. We were suppose to possibly get a big one.HA! HA!:angry: Now I`m looking out the window and the sun`s shining and the streets are bone dry. :cry: