1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monday is the BIG day!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Kraco_1, Feb 2, 2001.

1. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

That's the day I pick up my new Western V-plow. it's the first V I've had so I hope it's as good as I hear people say it is. Also while I'm there I'm gonna look at the salt spreaders (Westerns) any one got any suggestions as to which one to get? The (2000 low profile) and the (Pro-flo 2) is the ones I'm thinking about, anyone have these that can offer any advice? Thank's....Kraco_1

2. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

Do a search. Plenty of discussions about both of those units. I have a Pro Flo 2 and love it. I can't remember reading any negative posts about either of those units. Good luck with the new plow!

3. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

Thank's BRL, yeah I've been though most of the post, guess I just wanted to tell someone about it(lol). But I've not seen any post on the 2000 low profile series but maybe I missed it. Anyone have that one?

4. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

insn't it too late to just be getting a plow? that groundhog is wrong sometimes....

5. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

Your right, you could be!

6. finnegan

finnegan Senior Member

i'm never right,or else i'd be a millionaire...

7. wyldman

wyldman Member

One tip,if your dealer will do it.When we buy equipment late in the season,the dealer writes up an invoice that it is on layaway until next november,but we pay for it and take it now.Then in november,he finishes the bill,and gives me a copy,so that's when my warranty starts.That way,if you pull out your plow in the fall,and something doesn't work,just head for the dealer,as your warranty runs out in november,not february.

8. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

lol, wouldn't we all.

No, I got my new truck last week and ordered a new plow with it and it just came in. So I guess as far as the winter goes it's a little late but I have to have a plow, no getting around that. So it made sence to get it at the same time I got the truck.

9. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

wyldman, darn good tip, I'll talk to them about that. Thank's

10. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

ONCE YOU GO "V" YOU'LL NEVER GO BACK!

11. SlimJim Z71

SlimJim Z71 PlowSite.com Addict

Congrats on the new truck! I wish I had a V-plow. Next truck for sure.

I too have a Pro Flo 2. It's awesome. I've had salt in there over night, and it'll still be there after driving around. It'll spread really wide, and you can adjust about everything. It's really a great unit. It'll also spread sand by the way.

-Tim

12. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

Thank's for the info guy's, I don't know much about the spreaders so I pretty much gota go by what people tell me and talk to the sales person when I get there I guess. Would anyone know if the only diff. in the 2000 and the Pro-Flo is that the 2000 is a low profile? Or is there something else that's important? Just don't want to get one and people start saying I should have got the other one. But I guess that could happen anyway. Anyway, thank's for the input and if anyone else has any advice I could sure use it.

13. wyldman

wyldman Member

The 2000 will only take dry bagged salt.It will still bridge and clog up sometimes.The Pro-Flo 2 it a 2 stage unit,so you can use any bulk salt,mix,or sand.Get the Pro-Flo 2,it's worth the extra.

14. Kraco_1

Kraco_1 Member

Oh ok, then that makes a big difference , Pro-Fow 2 is the one I'll get then. Thank's for your help everyone!