1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch pumps on Meyer- True or Rumor?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Matt400, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

I was just doing some reading and found this statement on another site:
    here about 2/3rds down the page http://www.meyerplows.info/

2. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

I know the Super V2 - 9.5' comes with a Monarch (V70) but no more specifics as of yet that I could find.

3. MidcoastMainiac

MidcoastMainiac Member

Pretty sure it is on the 8'6" also.

4. smokejmpr

smokejmpr Inactive

All meyers v plows will have monarch pump on them. this is a running change this has already started.

5. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

Yup

They are already running it on their Munciple plows, I just don't like the A-Frame location. I was told that they are suppose to be offering a divorced Monarch pump mounted up on the MD lift frame, like Fisher and Western have with their Insta Act.

6. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

Wonder if they will make this change to the others like the LotPro?

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The a frame location works well. Snoway used it for years with great success. Pop the cover and the pump is nice and dry and allows better air flow through the grill.

8. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Hey Nascar, I'm not sure what you mean by "A frame location" for the V70. Do you have a pic somewhere? Is the V70 not mounted on the lift frame like the V68 is/was? tia

9. Nascar24

Nascar24 Senior Member

10. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

So, when Meyer rolls out the Monarch units all on the plows, will their be a retrofit setup for all the older plows too. What i'm asking is will you be able to install a Monarch unit on older meyer setups?

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Highly doubt it. Would be far too costly and require too much to retrofit (thus increased costs again).

12. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

Ok thanks, I thought that's what you meant though I hoped not. I currently run a Curtis until they try to install a Super V2 tomorrow.
    The only problem I have with the Curtis setup is that it is a nightmare to service. Everything stays nice & dry (zero corrosion) but she is jam packed in there and you have to remove the unit to even change the oil ... just not very service friendly. Then there is the position/location of the weight and there is good and bad to both sides I guess. More weight on the blade but also more cantilevered weight if you're pushing the limit already. I was told the V70 was around 100 lbs total.
    I'll have some pics of the V70 on the Super V2 after tomorrow.

13. old skool

old skool Senior Member
    from NW IL

I personally wouldnt want the A frame mounted pump setup. A friend has the Snowway and has had problems with the pump literally rattling apart from the pounding the A frame takes.. Just doesnt make sense to put it on one of the parts of the plow that takes the most beating. Plus its always got snow packed around it after plowing any length of time.

I had a 9 foot Meyer that I mounted a Monarch "under the hood" (M693,I think?) pump on. The truck was a 1980, Chevy,1 ton dually. Loved the setup. Used cheap tranny fluid and it was out of the weather. Dont think they would find the room under the hoods of most new trucks for it tho.

14. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

We did see a brief thread on a new Meyer LotPro with a different pump and it was not on the A frame from what I saw, even had a stainless board.

15. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

This looks like a different pump to me:
    [​IMG]

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just a standard issue E68/E88 pump there Matt that's been on the Xpress mount since it's inception. Different animal.

17. Matt400

Matt400 Senior Member

Thanks for info B&B.