1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch Pump

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by labsrus, Dec 16, 2003.

1. labsrus

labsrus Junior Member

I have been checking this site for the last few days and noticed a lot of good answers for questions.

I have Monarch Pump that I hooked up on my 1981 3/4 ton Chevy Pickup.

I have been having a few problems with raising the plow. For the first couple of places that I plow I have no problems, then the plow does not want to raise, it will angle left and right with out a problem.

Any ideas on what to look for to see what the problem is?

Thanks for the help

Jay

2. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

My Dad has on of those pumps on a 1968 W200 Dodge. We had it rebuilt at a local Hilow/ hydalic shop. Works great now, but we never use the tuck anymore. Its just siting outside, and the local kids decided to bust all the glass out..:eek: :realmad:
    Scott

3. ADLAWNCUTTERS

ADLAWNCUTTERS Senior Member

i used to use them for all my trucks .and i have repaired them too.what happens is the gears on the internal pump are most likely worn out.and the motor brushes are most likely worn out. you most likely have a m683 neg ground unit you can tell because the coils and valves are inside the reservoir. don't bother trying to fix it . go to northern tools and get a barnes snowplow pump for approx $650.00 i think barnes pumps are still used by boss plows they work great.

4. labsrus

labsrus Junior Member

I removed myu Monarch pump and put on a used Meyers pump.

5. snow_man_48045

snow_man_48045 Senior Member

Meyer Pump

Good idea, atleast you can ge tparts for the meyer easyier. How does it work now? Hope it works out for you!
    Happy Holidays,
    Scott