1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch Pump Unit to Repower a Fisher

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Ding, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Ding

Ding Member

Help!!! - Monarch Pump Unit to Repower a Fisher

What do you guys think about buying a Monarch 3593 complete unit to repower an early Fisher conventional (before power pak). I am thinking of mounting the unit under the hood with a heat shield to protect it, and just running hoses out to the cylinders with quick disconnects.

Tell me what you think . . .

Where is the cheapest place to buy a Monarch M-3593 ? Is this the right model to do what I want?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2009
  2. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

I might just have what you need. I will check in the morning at the shop and see if it will work. If it will I can make you a good deal on the unit. I will get back to you Monday

3. TJS

TJS PlowSite.com Addict

I did the same thing except used a Fenner pump. I used it under the hood first then when I converted to a MM1 upright /Diamond blade conversion I made it verticle and mounted it on the upright. The link on my signature shows the conversion.
    T.J.

4. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

Hey Ding,
    Sorry took so long to get back to ya, busy day. Unfortunately the unit I have wont work, you need a 3X4 valve set up and mine is a 2X2 set up. I checked with my hydraulic guy and he says you wont find many like the one you need, most are for dumps and log spilter's and wont work. Manufacturer doesn't matter as long as the valving is correct.
    Good luck to ya.

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

a unit like that should be about $540 new.

6. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Have a used one sitting in the garage, sent you a PM.

7. rob1325

rob1325 Senior Member

8. Ding

Ding Member

PM'ed ya back

9. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

The 359 is a great unit. It is what I'm running with my Old school Fisher and it is mounted under the hood. My only recommendation is to dump the rocker switch controls and install something more comfy. I ended up getting a BOSS joystick that has front loader movement. Push forward for down and pull back for up.. I'll see if I still have pics of my setup.

10. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

do you guys know if the pump from the surpluss center comes with the switches for the cab or do i have to fab something up?

naha

11. Ding

Ding Member

Have a line on a 683 with a Forum member.

What are the benefits/drawbacks of the 683 compared to the 3593 ?

I know it has the internal valves instead of external.

Is this a good model to mount under the hood?

12. floggerf250

floggerf250 Junior Member

monarch pump

I would like to know that to! Think I might get one of those to.

13. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

i called them they said the should have contollers for them in the first few weeks of the new year.

14. no lead

i have the switches. do you preffer toggle or rocker?

15. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

i orderd a contoller to a myers plow the slick stick. i havet gotten/installed it yet but as soon as i do ill let every1 know
    naha

16. no lead

not sure if the slick stick is going to work.

17. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

18. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

That link doesnt work.

I dont think the slick stick will work either.

19. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

Last edited: Dec 22, 2009
  20. NAHA

NAHA Senior Member

hey just to let everyone know i installed the pump using the slick stick works great. had to mod the slick stick a bit but works.
    naha