1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch Pump Sticky Valve

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by lvfd50, Nov 10, 2008.

1. lvfd50

lvfd50 Junior Member
    from WNY

I have an older monarch pump with the one solenoid on top. It seems to work fine moving the plow left and right, but when I try to raise the plow it seems to stick sometimes. Sometimes it will raise nice, but then other times it will raise just a little and stop, then if I release the button and press it again it will move a little more and stop. At times I will have to do this several times to get the plow up, or even to move it off the ground. I was wondering if this was just a sticky valve and if there is any way to fix this without tearing the entire pump apart and replacing the valve? If I do have to replace the valve, how hard is this job and where is a good place to get a valve either locally(buffalo NY) or to order?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

try draining the pump and filling it with Hydra-Flush (a Meyer Product) and cycle it though a few times then drain and refill with standard fluid.