1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Monarch Pump Help..

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tjslawnservice, Dec 9, 2008.

1. tjslawnservice

tjslawnservice Junior Member

We just picked up a used monarch hydro pump about a month and a half ago and got it all wired up and lines run. We used it twice and now the back blade with lift and lower but when raised it will sink back down. Looking for any insight on what could be wrong thanks in advance.. Aaron

2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

raise the blade with the pump, then support the blade with a jack. disconnect the hoses from the blade, remove jack. if it still drifts, its you cylinder. if it holds, debris in relief valve most likely.

3. tjslawnservice

Ya i did that. It stayed up. i was thinking it was something to do with the valves. Is the relief valve in the valve body or is it screwed on to it? Thanks for the help

4. no lead

does it go down fast or real slow? new unit or used? depending on the unit the valves for up and down should be external. put the bb down and release pressure. pull the coil off(3/4 nut) then pull the valve cartridge out(7/8 deep socket) look at the holes and orings. take phillips screwdriver and put it in the end of the valve and push it in a few times. look for dirt or metal in the valve and valve block. pulling the relief valve is tricky. little balls and springs and stuff.

5. tjslawnservice

it is very noticeable it is used. There are two what i would think are the valves where the wires are connected to. ok i will try that and see if it clears out.

6. no lead

if you pulled the valves and checked them and the problems is still present, try running the blade down and holding the switch for a few seconds. same thing up. the sound you here is the relief valve opening. that may blast debris from the valve. let me know.

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

8. tjslawnservice

thanks a lot guys you have been very helpful.