1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mon.Feb.2-3 Noreaster Guessing Game

Discussion in 'Weather' started by Turbodiesel, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Turbodiesel

Turbodiesel Senior Member

OVER / UNDER 8 " ?

I'm guessing under

Anyone else?:dizzy:

2. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

If it tracks right...............12"+. Someone will get clobbered, just depends on where it goes.

3. Turbodiesel

Heavy equipment phone calls have been made.

That ought to cap accumulations to about 6":gunsfiring:

4. STEVE F 350

STEVE F 350 Member

If the storm stays to the east I'm hoping than everyone gets snow..

5. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

Great, thanx for the jinx :dizzy: Don't you know to wait until it's actually snowing :waving:

6. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Looks like the usual gametime forecast. For all their million dollar computers and years of education they still can't forecast more than 24 hrs out. All we can do is be ready to go.

7. Turbodiesel

TOOOO late by then my friend. Every body needs to have equipment trailered to the sites 1 day before a major forecasted storm ....I stipulated that in my contracts. 8'' or no 8" , they pay for it. It's called reserve and provide .

I cant leave a loader on these properties .

8. goose311

goose311 Junior Member

i just put a plow on my 90 k5 so i need some snow i just moved to the harrisburg area i should have stayed in the buffalo area until spring i'd be making some damn good money right now hope we get slammed gonna have to have the wife do the naked snow dance...lol

9. lawnboy11

lawnboy11 Senior Member

I'm gonna guess under 8"...prove me wrong mutha nature....prove me wrong!! naked snow dance naked snow dance naked snow dance

10. Turbodiesel

Keep dancin men .

Get some rest , dont drink too much tomorrow.

GO PITTSBURGH

11. ERCKWD

ERCKWD Member

Heres hoping we all get some snow. Oh and as much as it pains me, good luck to your Pittsburgh Steelers guys. I can't bare the thought of Arizona winning esp. since we smoked them during the regular season.

12. goose311

goose311 Junior Member

the most snow we had here was last wed and that was about 4 inches i'd say 8" plus with this storm hopefully it moves over us slow or better yet it can stall over us that would be better if anyone lives in the harrisburg area like carlisle,gettysburg or hanover areas and needs some help let me know i only have my k5 blazer but it does the job

13. Turbodiesel

I had a 90k-5 , did the job then some . I put 500 lbs. in the back and it was unstoppable.

Possibly cause of the short wheel base.

14. goose311

goose311 Junior Member

the short wheel base is great i can get in some areas that a pick up can't i need to put some weight in the back yet i just picked up the western 8ft plow complete for $80 all i had to do is replace the motor i got one from angelos for $75 and now i am good to go

15. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

dude its going way east...we are getting squat:p Try the ssmino for loader work:waving:

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

We got our own tractor for this year lol, so all the power to a 50" snowfall lol.

Seriously though, it may take us longer than something with a big 2 yard bucket but ill just switch over ot the 84" 3/4 yard bucket and go to town if its too much for an 8' push box.

We need to get clobbered, literally, i need some good income for the late part of the winter since its been nearly dead here so far.

17. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

The eastern most track equals the most snow for us, more west we get a mix, west near pittsburgh and we'd get nothing, so the more east, the better its showing, why do you think its bad because its going east? near the ocean it will pick up more moisture and be worse. I always love drifts too.

We have a couple places that will need the tractor loader if it drifts, a 12" storm will put 2-8feet in any lanes and corners of some of these sites with lots of buildings ! cant wait.

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Dont listen tv weather mets...they dont have a clue. To far east we get no preciep. The euro, ukemt, candian, gfs, and nam have all come in this afternoon with no preciep from the costal storm. Granted we could gets a preciep zone set-up and get 1-3 or 2-4.....but thats its. This is not going to be the blockbuster we want. sorry

19. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ill take another 2-4 ....... anything plowable and im happy

20. Turbodiesel

OK OK OK ...it's been 13 years men . I believe the optimists on this one until proven wrong ,

say by mon.am ,it should be pinpointed.

lock'd n loaded no matter what .

BTW...my models indicate heavy snow Early am tues thru late am wed, to Phila pa and the 95 corridor as of this posted time.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009