1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mole board question

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ponyboy, Jan 6, 2010.

1. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i have a mm1 i think it has the pump on the outside like the western unimounts it is a 8 foot would i be able to swap to an older style pump inside the truck hood 9 foot i only need the bigger board nothing else
  2. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Anybody mine is a 96 the other is a 95
  3. wirenut

wirenut Senior Member
    from nh

whats a mole board....
  4. I think he means moldboard which is the curved part of the plow but his post is so confusing and all over the place it would appear most of us are staying away.....
  5. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

i have a 8 foot 1996 mm1 with the pump on the outside like a unimount
    i am looking to but a 1995 9 foot mm1 but the pumps are different which i do not care
    I only want to know if the moldboard is the can and can be switched from one to the other
    So bascially i want to know if i could turn my 8 foot into a 9 foot
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You should be able to switch moldboards no problem. You can probably find someone willing to make a swap. There is always someone out there with a nine footer wishing they had an eight.

Type of pump, controls, etc doesn't matter.
  7. tuna

tuna Senior Member

Puncuation is your friend.