1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moldboard swap

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by greymare89, Jan 27, 2015.

1. greymare89

greymare89 Member

I've owned a 7'6 HD fisher mm2 for a few years now and recently bought a 2014 cummins this past summer. I had a local fisher dealer install all the truck side parts but kept the plow from my previous truck to try and save money. Anway I'm quickly realizing the 7'6 plow is a bit small for the truck and would like to swap out for an 8'. Is it possible to just buy an 8' moldboard and bolt I it onto the existing frame? I believe the price for a new 8' fisher straight blade here on Long Island NY was around 4k!!!!! That doesn't inculde all the truck side parts .... Is it more of a pain in the A#* then just purchasing a new plow all together? Thanks, any info is appreciated.

2. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Just to clarify I'm looking to swap out the entire blade not just the sheet metal (I'm pretty sure fisher sells this as a complete unit with trip edge and springs)

Also does anyone have any input on the price of an 8' straight blade or dealers within driving distance to Long Island, NY that advertise competive prices? It seems like our local dealer (dejana) is charging premium prices...

3. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

You can buy an 8 foot blade and put it on your headgear.You will have to remove the two pins in the back of the a-frame (the part with the 3 holes).Unbolt the lift chain and pull down cable.You will have to remove the pistons from the a-frame which means you will have to disconnect them from the pump.It would be easier just to buy a used 8 foot setup and sell your 7.5 setup

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

some mm 1 mold boards will mount depending on the a frame if u have a mm2 8 ft moldboard and a frame will definitely mount right up just a 8ft moldboard here in nh is about $1400-1600 that's with out a A frame Id just buy a good entire 8ft off trk set up and then sell urs your likely to break even OR put a ad in craigs that u wanna trade ur 7.6 for a comparable quality 8ft

5. greymare89

greymare89 Member

Thanks for the replies guys. After thinking about it done I think you both are right on: sell mine for an 8 footer. I'm thinking about selling it now right in the middle of the season to try and get the most $ I can for it. We just got 20+ inches out here on the east end of Long Island so the demand for one is high right now!