1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moldboard Repair / Meyer 7' 6"

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by ispperformance, Feb 1, 2009.

1. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I have a Meyer 7' 6" STL Blade and it is starting to develop rust holes. I tried patching a couple of them by cutting out the rust and welding in a new piece, but that has become cumbersome. Is there any type of poly cover I can bolt on to cover the steel moldboard? I really don't want to buy a new one this year.

2. SKYNYRD

SKYNYRD Senior Member

buyers products makes a poly cover. i know northerntool.com sells them. they're bolt on i believe.

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

I saw something in the angelos catalog that looks like it goes on with an adhesive. For $40 I may try it...

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

Since it sounds like you have a welder you may want to re-skin the moldboard instead of buying a new one for next year. You could also go to a heavier gauge steel, I think the STL plow is thinner than a standard ST if I remember correctly. Anyway check out this if you want to re-skin...Meyers re-skin

5. morgan forest

morgan forest Junior Member

dump truck box liner works awsome drill some holes and bolt it on. and its alot thicker than the northern tool plastic,i used 1/8 thickness, and easier than the new weld on skin.