1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moldboard hangs up left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by snyder1924, Feb 11, 2011.

1. snyder1924

snyder1924 Junior Member

I have been having this problem for two years now. When the plow hangs up to the left the cylinder can not push it back. So, I have to go find a convenient tree or post or pile and help it along. It is not in the pump but rather in the mechanics of the plow and I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
    Replaced the A-Frame last year and seemed to maybe help a little. My old one was racked pretty bad. Had new pins and sleeves put in this year and that helped a lot. It will still get hung up but takes much less force to free up and does not seem to be happening as often. I have been suspecting the wear on the angle cylinders. Wear at both attachment points is noticeable but they don't look stressed or ready to break. Have not wanted to replace them due to the cost and my seals are good.
    Anybody have a similar problem or any thoughts on what else it might be?
  2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Did you check the angling rams? I've seen some of these that were so bad that they had to go against a tree to move them. You should be able hook the ram hoses together and freely angle the blade by hand.
  3. carkey351

carkey351 Senior Member

i have the same problem...its either the crossover valve or the valve that controls the angling -b or c valves.. i plan on replacing the crossover valve as it is the most prone to failure.
  4. snyder1924

snyder1924 Junior Member

Carkey, yes there is a valve that will cause this problem. I believe itis a check valve. But, my pump is pushing on my piston. Mine just hangs on something somewhere in the A-frame,sector, and moldboard assemblies.
  5. wva

wva Member

check your quick coupler my e60 does it i release the psi by unscrewing the end on the hose. you should be able to turn the coupler when it togather if not release the psi and it works again.
  6. thandrinos

thandrinos Member

same problem here..got stuck right in a big storm..cleaned cross over, replaced c valve and coil, still wasnt working right, hooked the hoses together and plow didnt want to move..replace the couplers and all problems solved..
  7. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Welcome to PlowSite!

A lot of good points here. First I would connect the to hoses together. If the blade moves freely side to side by hand, it's not hanging up. If there is so much pressure that you can't connect or disconect them, I would think that those couplers need to be replaced. Just replace both ends of that hose. Just be careful as when you release that preasure, the oil come out fast and furious. Good luck.
  8. dbcustoms

dbcustoms Senior Member

i also had the same problem, i replaced the couplers and havent had a problem since