1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moldboard edge wear

Discussion in 'Blizzard Plows Discussion' started by Deli_Guy, Feb 7, 2015.

1. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

I purchased a used LT760 snow plow which has the first version power hitch with one switch.
    The original owner wore the cutting edge right down to the moldboard edge and looks like some of the moldboard is worn away.
    Can anyone tell me how much steel should be behind the replaceable cutting edge. I need to know how much to weld back in there?

760LT DriverSide1 500px.jpg

760LT DriverSide1 500px.jpg
  2. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

Another Pic

760LT DriverSide2 500px.jpg

Here is another photo showing the worn cutting edge on my Blizzard 760LT plow.

760LT DriverSide2 500px.jpg
  3. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I would just bolt on new edge and call it a day.
  4. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

We call that " Getting your money's worth..."

I agree new edge and hardware.
  5. gtmustang00

gtmustang00 Senior Member
    from Berlin

That's how you are suppose to wear a trip edge. Now you can get full wear out of your new cutting edge.
  6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Blizzards are full trip.
    As was said, new edge and run with it.
    Where's the pump cover?
  7. Deli_Guy

Deli_Guy Junior Member

That was missing too but am shopping around for one.
  8. BladeBlowBucket

BladeBlowBucket Member

This is What I Did ….. It's on my SS 8611 PP …. the cutting edge was only a couple millimetres from being ground into the main box on the bottom …. the edge guards (OEM) were not very adequate, so I re-used the old and added new, you can see I added the old corners over on top of the new 3/4" Hardox 550 pieces and I added over top of the old main long cutting edges with Hardox 500 ….. Better than New Now …. have had 3 good marathon events already and re-measured what I added ….. Doesn't hardly show any wear off of the edges … tymusic … :drinkup: