1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moldboard Decal peeled off after 2nd use

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by mrmagnum, Jan 10, 2008.

1. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I noticed the other day that my decal on my new ST 7.0 moldboard was peeling off only after the second time using the plow and I was wondering what was the easiest way to contact Meyers for a new one. I sent them a message through their site but I have not got a response. Thanks.
  2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I would not worry about your decal. That should be the least of your worry when it comes to dealing with your plow. Once it is completely off, just dont put another one on. Unless you want your plow to look "pretty" then spend the money and get a new decal....xysport
  3. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

I have heard that this is an ongoing problem with the Meyers plows. I believe their warranty does indeed cover the decals. Meyers has been ducking this particular warranty issue for a few years now in hopes of avoiding many millions of dollars of costly decal replacements. The problem is nationwide. If you google it you can find several support forums with many helpful suggestions as to how to deal with this ghastly problem. Also, I believe Meyers is on the hook for any downtime you experience as a result of this problem so keep a detailed log book.

Good luck!! :cool:
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  4. Burkartsplow

What down time is there because you dont have a decal that says meyers on the front of your plow? That is pretty funnyxysport
  5. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I don't understand why people have to answer a serious question with a smartazz answer.I just want to know if anyone has a way to get in contact with them other than their "fill out the form and we will get back to you" on their website.
  6. Burkartsplow

Sorry for the smartazz answer my friend. Call a dealer. you will have better luck then calling them directly. But i do want to say that you will put a new sticker on and it will come right off after a few pushes Again. it will be a losing battle.......
  7. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

darn right and its nice and yellow if it has has a chain lift and all black liftframe and yellow pump its a meyer's what do u need a sticker for. its just gonna keep coming off they etch them in the poly ones i think
  8. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

They sell them pretty cheap on ebay as well. Maybe when you get a new decal, add some better adhesive to it.
  9. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

You were not the one with the smartazz answer Bro, but you have a good point about it coming off again with a few pushes. Maybe I'll just leave it plain YELLOW and BEAUTIFUL!:nod:
  10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

11. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Yeah, either paint a stencil, or use some E6000 when applying the decal. We use that to attach belts to the bottom of log flume boats and we get people calling wondering what we used.
    If you apply it too thick it will slide, so be careful of that.
    E6000 is the same stuff as Shoe Goo, FYI.

12. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I just received 2 new decals from Meyer shipped first class today. As recommended earlier I will put some adhesive first and then put on the new decal.
  13. Burkartsplow

That is good. So did you get them for free?
  14. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

its not only meyers, most of the decals come off and your new one will too. maybe one day they will start painting them on from the factory...actually surprised they dont doo that already as it is a form of advertising...:alien:
  15. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

Yep, it was free!
  16. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

no goo or other adhesives needed..
    just clean off the area with an NON silicone cleaner..
    no windex or other household cleaners.

Apply the sticker. Then cover the area and the sticker with some clear coat.

Yon can get some clear-coat in a rattle can that will work just fine for this.

just my .02
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  17. mrmagnum

mrmagnum Senior Member

I'll try that thanks:)
  18. v-plower

v-plower Senior Member

On my new Super V the decal flew off after about 5 passes. It literally "flew" through the air. I didn't realize what it was at first.
    I am surprised that they don't paint it on. I mean it is good, free, advertising for Meyer and I would venture a guess that few people replace it.
  19. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Make sure the plow and paint can is in the temperature range according to the directions on the spray can or it won't work well.