1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mold boards retract super fast?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by milwaukeevtwin, Dec 7, 2013.

1. milwaukeevtwin

milwaukeevtwin Senior Member

We purchased a truck with a 7.6 power v and it was beat. We re did plow and added 9.2 vxt mold boards. Now when they retract they are super fast and shake the front of the truck. Do I need to change valves to slow them down? If so does anybody have the part numbers? Any help appreciated thanks ron

2. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Are the spring set to tight? Sounds like it because that is what makes them retract.

3. jhenderson9196

jhenderson9196 Senior Member

With the wings retracted, you should just be able to slip a business card between the coils on the springs. Any more gap than that and they are too tight.

4. SHAWZER

SHAWZER PlowSite.com Addict

If you can do this the springs are still way too tight.

5. milwaukeevtwin

springs

No springs r set loose and I have installed several plows in my life I know my way around the tool box lol I understand the springs i have 6 of these other 5 were ordered new this one is super fast so fast it shake truck something is different that is what i need help with

6. maxwellp

HYD01637 This is the lift / Angle valve - same for all Power V VXT
    I guess with out seeing it - has to be the springs - there are some short springs out there for some years that are just for the trip part. If I took my spring off the blade would not come back. So I do not see why you can't just loosen the spring so it does not pull so hard.
    Or there is something else going on that I have never seen. Does it have smart locks?

7. maxwellp

There are two size return springs also, 17 5/8 and 14 1/2 . Can't tell from BOSS site what a 9.2 should have. But your 7.6 most likely has 14 1/2s like mine and if the 9.2 is supposed to have the longs ones and you have the short ones on there, I think that would make the problem you have. Just a thought.

8. milwaukeevtwin

springs

:waving:I have longer springs i changed those they are as loose as possible just like my other plows only difference i do not thinkl think this plow has smart locks I wonder if that has something to do with it? B&B U out there? No anything about this conversion? Thanks.

9. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

We have one like that too, return springs are loose. There has to be some flow adjustment somewhere, I just haven't looked for it.

10. milwaukeevtwin

wiring

Freaky fast so it knocked off the wires to the coils. Something is for sure wrong. Nobody knows time for boss chat tomorrow.:sleeping:

11. maxwellp

You can just put them on. They are not cheap, $300, I have seen them go for $200 on fleabay. there are 2 stiles that I know of, one for older plows and one for new plows. One end is bigger.

12. milwaukeevtwin

So if i just put them on is it the fix? I like to figure it out before i spend money on things that do not work?:mechanic:

13. maxwellp

No, I just said they are easy to put on. I don't know what your plows problem it. Both mine have them, the wings come back at a reasonable speed. I looked high and low and do not see or find any adjustments for the wing speed, just the Drop speed. I would say Call BOSS and ask them.

14. milwaukeevtwin

10 dollar fix

Orifice in the valve body that slows the wings.#HYD07109 For anybody that needs help with this problem:mechanic:

15. maxwellp

Is this for all V plows ? Or just 9.2 and 10'? Good to know. Did BOSS help with this?

ok just found that part, says it is for just the 10'. But whatever it should fix your problem.

HYD07109
    ORIFICE,10'V,.50 ODX.093 ID-ONE PER WING

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  16. milwaukeevtwin

Did some research and talked to a friend. We do lots of installs on our own and customers just took us a few to figure it out.ussmileyflag

17. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

18. maxwellp

I just got a use 8.2 and it is slow compared to my 7.6. The 7.6 is about a 2005 and the 8.2 is about a 2010. I bet the new one has those restrictions installed. I am going to look, they are coming out if they are there.