1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mold Board Replacement

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by SuperDuty, Jan 3, 2011.

1. SuperDuty

SuperDuty Senior Member

Hey all it's been awhile...need some advice. My plow/mold board is rotting as we speak and I was wondering as a quick fix until next season, what do any of you think about the plastic one that bolts on top of the old one?? It's $75 at my local dealer.

Thanks and Happy New Year!!!
  2. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

I would try to find one on Craigslist, pretty sure a Speedcast blade will swap out. Why waste the $75 on a band-aid?
  3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

A couple guys around here have done what you are talking about. Just use plenty of bolts along the bottom, with fender washers.

STIHL GUY Senior Member
    from CT

i guess itll work but its only a temporary fix
  5. 1bohica

1bohica Junior Member
    from MA

been there, done that

don't bother find a used one on Craig's list or what ever, ain't worth the time or effort, or headaches
  6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I agree do it right look on craiglist and see what you can find
  7. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Plastic covering is available from Northern Tool for less- got one for the same purpose- had to patch a bad hole and planned to use it to smooth the moldboard- never did- planning to install this season (any day now) to cover the rest of the holes until I can reskin next summer.

Have yet to find a decent Speedcast blade not in need of reskinning around here, except the one from my other truck.