1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Module Location

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Bruce'sEx, Oct 13, 2007.

1. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

I'm looking for opinions on where to stick a mm1 plow module.

Right now it's on a 2002 2500hd GMC. Plow was already install on the truck when we got it. and they placed the module on passenger side, near the windshield. Well we've decide to throw the second battery in. which of course is where the module is sitting.

So people with the Gms. and the Second battery in. for whatever years the dual battery goes on the passenger side, by the window. Where have you stuck your plow module.

I was thinking of placing it on the opposite side. but just figured get some more ideas. since our salter wiring is actually already on the other side, and that might need to be moved for the module first.

2. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

I zip tied mine to the bundle of wires that run underneath the master cylinder.

3. CNY Plow

CNY Plow Senior Member

a picture would be helpful

Advice on where NOT to put it.
    The dealer placed mine on a heat hose!!!!!!!
    It had to be replaced - imagine that.
    Next they placed it above my battery jumper connection.
    Finally I fab'ed a cross bracket (fitted from firewall to front and straped it on to that so that it was out of the way, easily removable when service was needed.

4. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

I mount them on the driver side on the fuse box panel,There is a support bracket from the fender to the dash(4 bolts,13mm)remove that,pop the black plastic cover off and mount towards the back(underneath the support brace) with zip ties or dual adhesive tape.Makes a nice clean install IMO.

5. dmax08

dmax08 Senior Member

all of mine get mounted on top of the fuse panel/cover left side.

6. twodan

twodan Member

mount

mine's mounted on top of the main battery, help in place by the top battery bracket