1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moding push beam support plate for lifted truck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by babala65, Nov 7, 2009.

1. babala65

babala65 Junior Member

Well I pulled the plug and bought a brand new New Poly V-XT 9.2 plow. When I talked to the sales guy he said it would not be a problem mounting it on a 4"lifted 99 f350. So I'm in the shop mounting the under carriage and the distance from the hole on the push beam with it at it lowest setting is 17". The manual recommends 15 1/2" so I call the boss up in Iron mountain and they said I would have to cut and weld a couple inch's to the support plates. He said I could get away with 16" inches but 17" would make the V plow trip prematurely.
    I'm hoping someone has some mounts already extended that they want to sale or trade?
    Has anyone mounted this type of plow with a 17" height?
    Thanks

2. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

I do not have any but I am in the same predicament however im at 19".

I am actually making the lower part of the mount removable so it doesnt hang so low looking tacky in the summer. But I doubt anyone will have any plates pre made. Also, you do know that you can mount the push beam one hole lower than the side plates right? That should actually get you to 16" without any mods.

3. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Better make it extra strong and have plenty of re-enforcement.
    The plow will be getting so much more forces on the push beam and mfrom the severe angles of having a lifted truck.
    If you do a search about "lifted trucks and plowing" you will find alot more info.

4. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

It'll be just as strong as the stock setup. It will basically be the same as stock but larger. I have the 5/16" plate cut and ready to go. I'll probably get it done sometime after next week. My truck isn't lifted too much. It's just a leveling kit but fords are tall from the factory so any lift mods and your too high.

5. babala65

babala65 Junior Member

Thanks Doug, I'm at 17" with the one hole showing. How are you going to make the lower part removable? I agree with you I don't like that beam hanging so low on my lifted truck.

6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Darn salesmen

7. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

It can be done and has been done several times. Theres pics around here somewhere of it having been done. Maybe our resident archivist will find them for you.

8. whiteford06

whiteford06 Junior Member