1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Moding push beam support plate for lifted truck

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by babala65, Nov 7, 2009.

1. babala65

babala65 Junior Member

Well I pulled the plug and bought a brand new New Poly V-XT 9.2 plow. When I talked to the sales guy he said it would not be a problem mounting it on a 4"lifted 99 f350. So I'm in the shop mounting the under carriage and the distance from the hole on the push beam with it at it lowest setting is 17". The manual recommends 15 1/2" so I call the boss up in Iron mountain and they said I would have to cut and weld a couple inch's to the support plates. He said I could get away with 16" inches but 17" would make the V plow trip prematurely.
    I'm hoping someone has some mounts already extended that they want to sale or trade?
    Has anyone mounted this type of plow with a 17" height?
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Not a very big deal to extend them, your blade will wear funny and taking the plow on and off will be very hard if you don't. The Boss harness's 12 years ago use to come a couple longer not sure why they shortened them.
  3. babala65

babala65 Junior Member

Thanks Dave, I plan on getting out the welder and doing some cutting.
  4. boonman

boonman Junior Member

I have plates already made for FORD push beams. Good for up to 8" of lift and 38" tires.
  5. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

Yup I made some when i had my boos on my 06 f250 with a 4 inch lift, I can post pics if you want and actually I have them sitting in my garage with no use for them.