1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

modifying mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by schwerhaiv, Jan 29, 2014.

1. schwerhaiv

schwerhaiv Junior Member

Hello:
    I am looking to buy a BOSS straight blade plow and am looking for a mount for an 01 Dodge 1500 Sport. I saw a plow at a decent price with a mid 2000's chevy 2500 mount. Could a fabricator fairly easily adjust the mount to fit my truck. How are they different? thanks.
    -Joe

2. BossEric

BossEric Member

I'd almost say no for sure . The mounts between the two trucks are very , different. We weld and fabricate at our shop as well as a Boss dealer. So I would say it would be easier to fabricate the undercarriage mount from scratch. But look on ebay , or better yet check your local Boss dealer , most have old used mounts a lot cheaper. If you don't mind cleaning up some rust and adding a little paint.

3. Mr. Mud

Mr. Mud Member

Well I was down this road almost 20 years ago and jumped right in to fab up a mount because "I can do that easy for you". Well after that 1 learning experience I agree 110% with Boss Eric! Find one on e-bay or at a dealer, they pop up all the time.