1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Modifying meyer light hoop

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by kc2006, Nov 13, 2007.

1. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Have a question about modifying the light mounting on a meyer plow and wanted some input. I have a meyer classic style plow that I'm putting on my truck and the light tube I have came off a truck that was in an accident. The tube it self is fine but the pedestole for the one light is all messed up. It looks like it caught on something and was pulled forward and down some. I just spent the past couple hours trying to shape it back and it isn't happening.

So my thought was, why not wack the old light pedestoles off and make new mounts with round tube. I have a bunch of old roll cage tubing laying around which is real strong, so I was going to notch the one end so it will fit to the light hoop at an angle, then the other end will be cut straight (actually at an angle but so it's flat at the top) then just take the ends off the original meyer pedestoles and weld them to the top of the round tube. I've seen other plows like this and I think some of the new meyer stuff is sorta like this.

Anyone see anything wrong with doing this? I don't want to hack up my light tube for nothing. Thanks for the help.

2. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

Check my custom built plow truck post out. I kind of did the same thing using square tube on a Fisher setup. You wont have any issues. You can do it.

3. kc2006

kc2006 Senior Member

Well I decided to just make a stock looking one and replace just the bad one. Got them done just need to cut the old off and weld the new on.

Read your thread about your plow, nice build up!