1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

modifying a mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by hydro_37, Sep 9, 2007.

1. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

I have a mount off of a 2000 Dodge 3/4 ton truck and was wondering if I can possibly make my mount fit on a 1989 F-250? If anyone wants to trade mounts let me know too. I have a very good welder/fabricator that works for me. Any help is appreciated.
  2. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

You can make anything fit with a good welder/fabricator. I have an RT2 mount off a '98 Dodge modified on my '78 Chevy.... and a mount off a '93 Ford on my '82 GMC... and that one's been plowing since 1998 with it, the mount and blade are from '95. Still going strong. Just remember to make strong braces.
  3. tom5301

tom5301 Member

boss plow mount

hydro do you still have that mount
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Yes I still have the Dodge mount. It has most of the bolts and a fresh coat of paint. PM me an offer.
  5. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I have a mount off of a 2000 Chevy 1500 mounted on my 2005 Dodge 1500.
    All I had to do is reverse the side mounts and add a 1/2'' spacer, so yes any thing is possible.

Also that same mount was bought as a RT2 and converted to a RT3

Good luck on your switch, Yon