1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Modified Boss Mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bltp203, Aug 14, 2009.

1. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Well I finally got my mount back from the fabricator. He extended everything 2 inches. Other then a couple small imperfections, it could almost pass as factory.....I plan on doing a better paint job before I re-install it.

The first photo is the stock set up.

mount5.jpg

mount 1.jpg

mount2.jpg

mount3.jpg

mount4.jpg

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Looks like some of the Dodge guys I have with lifts and 22.5" on the duallies! Will work great!

3. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Looks great Tim!! Anxious to see it back on your truck with the plow on!!

4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Thanks for the comments...........I should have it all back together after the weekend.........If anyone wants to know, I paid $175.00 to have it done.

5. pitrack

pitrack Senior Member

That's interesting you could only get one set of bolts on the ends of your angled mounts (Not sure what you call those).

I managed to get two sets in, I did tweak my angled mounts a bit but they held up great for a whole season so far.
    [​IMG]

6. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Do you have any pictures of what the new brackets look like put on???

7. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

Here is what my brother in law and I fabbed up the other day at his shop. We will see if it holds up. It's pretty beefed up so it shouldn't be a problem.

IMAG0065.jpg

IMAG0061.jpg

IMAG0062.jpg

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0070.jpg

8. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Wow, you got that knocked out before I could even get pictures up! Looks like a good job.

9. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

The true test will be when it snows to see how well it holds up. I'm thinking it shouldn't be a problem though. It's re enforced pretty good.