1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

modifed UC for lifted chevy...pics

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 91AK250, Oct 1, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

ok, so today a customer came in with a '96 diesel sub. he recently put on a 4" tuff country lift kit on and his plow mount at the lowest setting was at 18" its supposed to be at 15 1/2".

so i set out w/a game plan. lower the top bolt to the bottom of the side mounts. i then plasma cut some steel sections to match the lower section. welded them in then fish plated it with 2" flat bar.

the rear i just used identical angle 4" long to brace up the back i also then used 2" flat bar to fish plate it and make it solid.

i was able to get the UC height to 16 1/4" which was much better then before...i thought i'd share some pics.

BUT!!!! i will say if your going to plow...dont lift your truck. it screws with so much and this took me about 6 hours from start to finish and cost the customer a good chunk. keep your truck stock or max 3" lift.

pics, when done
    [​IMG]

front push beam
    [​IMG]

rear push beam
    [​IMG]

2. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

When your customer gets his truck back, should he install Grade 8s in the back wherever he can or do you have him all good?

Your work is great, it is the top of the push plates that worry me. I hope they are strong enough for the extra leverage he (the customer) created. The bottom looks bulletproof.

3. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

4. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i repalced all the bolts with grade 8 bolts, it is ready to rock and roll so they say.

how it will hold up? i have not a clue but if we see it back for anykind of breaks i'll be sure to post.