1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

model 8024?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by 00 Ram, Dec 30, 2005.

1. 00 Ram

00 Ram Senior Member

can anyone tell me what that is?

I see one advertised in the local newspaper classifieds...not a very descriptive add. I assume its a smaller plow, as they mention mounts for a tacoma and ranger. but you never know...people have been known to put 7.5 footers on these.
  2. addicted

addicted Senior Member

my guess would be a model 24, 80" wide. The model 24 as i understand was the predecessor to the newer MT series and is 24" tall.
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would say addicted made a good call. You can check to see if it's got DP at the lift ram. Two hoses DP One hose Gravity or four hoses total DP Three Hoses Gravity. If you have a full size PU it's not really wide enough.
  4. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

model 8024

I would agree that this is most likely a 24 series snowplow with an 80" moldboard. With your Ram being a "full" size pickup, the 80" blade would not make for a good fit on the truck. If truly a 24 series, the plow would run a Fenner Hydraulic system. This series was replaced by the MT series which would run a Monarch hydraulic system. FYI-If you are considering purchasing this plow, we do currently offer a 90" moldboard that would fit either series depending on which the plow actually is. This would make the plow a good fit on the truck.

Happy New Year!

Tom O'Brien
    Western District Sales Manager
    Sno-Way International Inc.