1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

model 25 installation

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by kid6725, Jan 1, 2008.

1. kid6725

kid6725 Junior Member

I just purchased a 25 model smoway for my 2003chevy 2500 hd and i am getting ready to do the install myself and i was wondering if there were any tips. should i take the bumper off? also should i take the truck mount apart to put it on or just leave it all one piece? also i need the wireing harness for the lights does anyone know the part number for the correct harness. thanks in advance...
  2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Congratulations on your purchase. Part #'s for the light harnesses that you will need to complete installation are:

99100529 main harness
    99100592 adapter harness

Do you have the control and all necessary harnesses for the plow operation?

I would recommend that you disassemble the subframe prior to installation. It will be much easier to handle this way. Here is a link to the installation manual for the subframe.

Happy New Year
  3. kid6725

kid6725 Junior Member

happy new year to you. thanks for part numbers and the advice. yes the plow came with everything else joystick and main harness.
  4. kid6725

kid6725 Junior Member

I am also looking for the bracket for the shoe plow shoes. I have the left one but no right do you happen to know that number? If my drive wasnt gravel i wouldnt worry about it.
  5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

6. Switchless

Switchless Member
    from NJ

Snoway's tech is absolutely the best guy there is. They've helped me out in detailed problems (with a smile). I just got done doing what you'll be doing. The only problem you may run into, which I did, is wiring the harness and relay (and switch if needed) so you can manually switch the headlights of the truck to the plow, OR......... have the right harness ** and plow lights** so when you connect the plow plugs together, the truck lights automatically go out and the plow lights come on.
    Good Luck,