1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

model 2000 spreader problem

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by smoothbore2004, Nov 23, 2005.

1. smoothbore2004

smoothbore2004 Member
    from Indiana

hey guys i have had the model 2000 for about a year now and bought a new truck so now i have to mount the swing away brackets to this new truck. Is there some kind of fabrication someone else did to save from drilling into the bed of the truck. The hitch mount wont work cause its to heavy they say. But i wish there was another way to mount this thing any help would be appreciated

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Western did offer a under-bed mount kit for the spreaders. It involved replacing the trailer hitch and has tapered pockets on each side with plates for the spreader that slide into the pockets.

Go to westerns site and click on produts, on that page in the bottom left corner you can download their ice contol catalog, look on page 5 of that for pics of what i'm talking about.