1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Modding Plow Setup?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by GoodOlBoysShop, Dec 28, 2010.

1. GoodOlBoysShop

GoodOlBoysShop Junior Member
    from Maine

First Off Hey To Everyone
    Next I Run A Small Shop On A Very Limited Cash Flow

:mechanic:
    I Have A 1985 Plow Truck Which Is Over Due For Retirment... Just Looking To See If Anyone Has Modding This Setup To Work For A Newer Mid 1990's Truck... I'm Sure It Has Been Done Before Just Hoping To See Some Others/PLan Ideas To Get My Project Going

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

a good welder....floor jack the mount into place and make some brackets

3. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

You didn't say what brand of plow you have but if you have an under the hood pump it may prove to be a little more difficult to adapt the pulley system with a serpantene belt. That being said, I just fabbed up two mounts, one for a 79 F150 and a 7' meyer plow, the other was a mount for my 2010 Dodge 2500 HD with a C-8 Meyer. If you have the tools and the know how and the time, anything can be done. I googled the mounting cartons for the meyer and was able to fab mine up by the pics. A word of advice, take lot's of measurements!! I used a drillpress to drill the holes, I only had to drill a couple holes in the frame of both trucks, I used mostly factory holes.

4. Dr Who

Dr Who Senior Member

I agree 100%....