1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile site useless!?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by carplowguy, Jan 6, 2015.

1. carplowguy

carplowguy Junior Member
    from none

Sorry I 'm normally not one to complain about a free site but why can I not access the normal site on my phone? Most sites offer the mobile site as an option, is that somehow possible here? I don't currently own a computer and find it very frustrating to do anything on this mobile site, it seems to be very limiting.

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

You just have to go to settings and click "desk top" version on your cell phone

3. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

It would be nice if there were a way to keep the forum from automaticlly marking all posts as read if you log in on the mobile. I like the mobile version, but I don't want it to mark everything read every time I log in.

Maybe I'm just a ******* and can't find how to stop it doing that.

4. carplowguy

carplowguy Junior Member
    from none

There is no settings on my phone.... I have the three headings, Forum, New Posts and User Control Panel... Under user control panel there are more options but still no settings and no where can I figure out where to do this. Is there any way the mods could default my settings for me so I always get the full site?

I do apologize if it is painfully obvious to everyone else how to do this, i'm no techie LOL.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Helps if you have chrome. But here's what your looking for.

Screenshot_2015-01-06-18-43-39.jpg

6. carplowguy

carplowguy Junior Member
    from none

I have an Iphone, I don't have any of those options like that. It looks totally different for me. I had my wife look and she said there is no way to do it...

7. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

From an I phone,,,there is. Need a different browser.

8. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

Got to use chrome, go download it

Here is my IPhone

image.jpg

9. 1olddogtwo

iPhone does suck

image.jpg

10. 1olddogtwo

Love my droid

Screenshot_2015-01-06-19-07-20.jpg

11. carplowguy

carplowguy Junior Member
    from none

Sorry guys, wouldn't trade my iphone for anything but I do see the downfall here. I will download the Chrome, thanks for all the help everyone.