1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile Device, Weather Updates?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by CJSLAWNSERVICE, Oct 9, 2009.

CJSLAWNSERVICE Senior Member

Which weather site do you guys use on your I phones, black berries to keep a eye on the storm , predictions and radar .
  2. Shaw

Shaw Member

I got the iPhone so I use the weather app that comes with it, but that one is almost never right so I downloaded the WeatherEye App. It shows you Current, Short, Long, Hourly, and Maps. It right all the time but we'll see how do it does in the winter time
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

i got a BB tour and i use accuwaether to get my live maps and such....
  4. plowindiesel

plowindiesel Senior Member

i use the accuweather app on my blackberry
  5. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

i just have a regular LG phone, I use accuweather for radar (better picture) and noaa to read the text forecast.

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hi, do these "apps" cost extra? I am thinking of upgrading to a blackberry tour and was wondering...
  7. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

AM radio......weather and traffic updates on the 8's, and look out the window.
  8. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nope .. just got the tour and there free as can be.... just go to application center and download weather channel or accu....puts an icon right on ur phone
  9. jrc5049

jrc5049 Member
    from pa

Anyone know of something you can mount in you car like a gps screen that shows you the rader and satelite? that would be very helpfull where im at to see the snowbands coming,
  10. Snowmans Land

Snowmans Land Junior Member

With BB and I-phone you have the ability to look at several web-sites and special apps. However you should include all sources of information. Do not just limit yourself to one set of people (ie. Accuweather). What I do is compare all. Radar is radar, however unless you are a metorologist (spelling ?) you are forced to go off others predictions. You can look at it two ways - one look for consistentsy and follow those reprots or find the worse of them all and be prepared for the worse. Accuweather does have a good radar that can be seen on your phone. Accu also animates so you can judge for yourself on direction of travel and approx how long a strom should hang around.

Sorry I am sure that I can't spell a thing, but in my defense I have been awake since yesterday.
  11. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

12. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

I have my laptop on a Jotto Desk mount with a Verizon wireless aircard. That about covers it. :D
  13. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

I will use my bb alone or plug it into the laptop for internet service!
  14. tom3665

tom3665 Junior Member

the weather channel app for the Iphone......
  15. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

I've got an iphone.... the app that comes with it sucks, the weather channel app is pretty good except no radar so i use that and weather bug's radar...
  16. ford550

ford550 Senior Member

I have a ram mount with my laptop attached and a sprint wireless card. That about covers it for me too.
  17. tom3665

tom3665 Junior Member

zerolatency -
    the Weather channel app that I have has full control color radar - zoom in/out motion and any location....

you might try reloading your app for the Iphone and see if that works......
  18. jimspro

jimspro Senior Member

I just use my LG cell and the accuweather, costs like $2.00 per month, and works well
  19. wunderground.com has a sites optimized for viewing of mobile devices (http://m.wund.com/), as well as a site specifically for the iPhone (http://i.wund.com/). I think that wunderground's animated radar is one of the best, so that is what I use the most, both when plowing and when on the water during the other half of my life.