1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mobile 1 sythetic ATF in Fisher SEHP ?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by capt caper, Sep 24, 2004.

1. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I want to try Mobile 1 in my 99 Fisher SEHP. No problems with regular ATF but it holds only 2 1/2 qts. and the oil is suposed to be the "cat's meow" and would love to spoil my rig.
    I've been running Dextron III,Mercron ATF as told by Fisher and my dealer since 1999. No problems.

I have Mobile 1 in my Auto trans and transfer case now.

I did a search but lots of posts on other equipment or some were old posts.

Given the SEHP packs out there now I'd like to hear from you guiys who have been running Mobile 1 ATF and how it performs or doesn't.

2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

ran it with no problems. dont think you will see any difference except maybe a bit better flow when really cold.
  3. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

i dont know you can use atf in western but a fisher i would stick to theree fluid imo
  4. capt caper

capt caper Senior Member

I talked to a Fisher tech at Fisher and they said Dextron III is fine. That's all I've used since 99. Go figure.

Mobile I is Dextron III and Mercron ATF.
  5. nsmilligan

nsmilligan PlowSite.com Veteran

I used Quaker State syntheic Dextron 3 last year in my Fisher V-plow, with good results, it's much faster at cold temps then regular Dextron 3. It's about the same as Fisher oil for speed, here it's a little cheaper then Fisher fluid.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

thats wierd cause they make money selling there hydraulic fluid
  7. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The Magnuson Moss Warranty Act is why they can't insist on using their fluid. In order to do that they would have to provide the product for free.
  8. jimsmowin

jimsmowin Senior Member

have beed using amsoil atf for 8 years in my fisher and meyer pumps :yow!: