1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

moaning nose

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by karl klein, May 18, 2001.

1. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

i own a 1997 suburban with a 454 my problem is that about 10 seconds after i turn the engine off the car makes a very lowd yelp and i have no idea what it is
  2. 85w/350

85w/350 Senior Member

low octane gas?
  3. Garet

Garet Senior Member

Best thing to do

here is a get a few peoplre and have them listen to various parts of the truck to see if the noise can be pin-pointed.
  4. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

Somewhere in there you have a vacuum resevoir that is dumping after the vacuum drops below a certain level. Might be hard to find but I'd start by checking out the heater controls. I think they are all vacuum operated on that year rig.
  5. karl klein

karl klein Senior Member

other people have told me it is a vacum leak also it comes from under the hood not from the interior i was wondering how you guys would try to pin point it also please help