1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MO Snow and ICE!

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by PLM-1, Jan 13, 2007.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Here are a couple of pics. These where at day break. Non of my other 100's of pics really turned out. So far, the first storm, we got about an inch of ice and a couple of snow. It is a slick bi$ch out there!

2. kubotazd21

kubotazd21 Member

More pics if you have them and if you have time. Be careful out there. CNN has been showing some video from all the ice. It looks like it is a bear out there....
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Here are a few from the porch. Nothing spectacular but I'll take it!!

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Truck.....The black looks awesome.
  5. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Thanks for the positive comments!
  6. Fordistough

Fordistough Senior Member
    from USA

I could have sworn that truck was a metalic graphite gray color. Please tell.
  7. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Didn't get much to plow in St. LOUIS just a little ice. Still waiting.
  8. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

It looks that way, but it could just be the snow and salt and weather taking its toll. Only some pictures of it all cleaned up would make it obvious.

Awesome setup, BTW!
  9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

It would be charcoal gray metallic. The magnetic signs are black background, they didn't quite match but when the truck is clean they look VERY close.
  10. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

looks like the snow we usually get! first some ice then about 2 inches of snow on top of that! Its a great time isnit it??? Just makes me want to drive the plow right off a bridge into a river!!!!!!:mad: :mad:
  11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

It blows. You start the peal the ice then BAM the edge trips and you have to try and start the process all over. ICE SUCKS!
  12. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

The ice we usually get you cant even peel it off with the wheel loaders, all you can do is push the snow and all you do is spin while trying to do that. We usually have to go out and sand/salt and try to sofen it up after we get the snow off the top of it and then the next day go in a scrape it clean.
  13. somm

somm Senior Member

Good pictures PLM, at least you got something-plowable. (may all your lots be level like ours, when it's ice underneath!)

350K less homes&biz's without power around here than the 12.1.06, to about 116K total yesterday (mostly restored now) and the elec-power is back on around here after 18 hours off, from yesterday's freezing-rain wave (that is presently melting off the trees in the 37-degree heat). With no higher than 28 on King Holiday Monday, tonight's belting of ice will be another ice management event tomorrow, since forecast for any snow was cancelled and updated to ice-only around here.
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2007
  14. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

:realmad: i know what you mean. been on call for the past 3 days and went out once, don't do anything but just two of our lots
  15. Rcgm

Rcgm Senior Member

At least you guys have been out.I went out for 1 hour to salt 1 lot.

16. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Just in for the bathroom and a snack. We had about an hours worth of heavy "rain". That's when all of our power started to go out. It's a horrid mess. My father-in-law is the CFO of a local hospital and he called to tell us we are in a "state of emergency". It took this long to decide this?!?!?!? There is no salt for sale anywhere. No sand. We got lucky and scrounged up less than two pallets of water softener salt between everywhere that sells it.
  17. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

Here's some pics just about 80 miles North of you.

100_1813 (Small).jpg

100_1800 (Small).jpg

100_1803 (Small).jpg

100_1810 (Small).jpg
  18. repo_man62

repo_man62 Senior Member

A couple more..

100_1809 (Small).jpg

100_1807 (Small).jpg

100_1804 (Small).jpg
  19. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Oh that's nothin Repo. I will take some more pics tomorrow.
  20. ameyerman

ameyerman Senior Member

hey repo, is that mainly ice or sleet or just a lot of both.? here in stl we got something like that in late nov. but that was little ice and a butt load of sleet. man did that make a mess!:cry: