1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MN west metro area

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Nathan281, Oct 8, 2005.

1. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

[​IMG]

What is your seasonal price to do this place with or with out the walk?

[​IMG]

Same as above

[​IMG]

Not a vary good picture but drive has retaining walls on both sides so you would have to back drag out and push onto lawn

2. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm north metro, Forest Lake / WBL.

I'd be at:

1. $900 without walk, $1600 with.

2. $700 without walk, $850 with.

3. Without knowing the lenght of drive, but that the picture was probably taken from the street, so a fairly short drive, probably $600 without, $1000 with.

I hate shoveling steps.

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like prices to me, Im in south west metro area.. :nod:

4. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

Thanks for the prices LwnmwrMan22

Epic Lawn Care are those higher than yours

I am trying to get a price range where people are at.

[​IMG]

With the retaining wall picture i was going for this only say the wall goes all the way to the street

5. SnowGuy73

The prices are higher, but the driveways are a bit bigger then my normal driveway(2 car wide x 2 car long), plus if this is a higher buck area you may be able to get a little more. At those prices these people should be a top priority for you.

6. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

There is no way you will get those prices for those properties. Cut them in half and maybe you will have a chance. $900 for the season, that comes out to $75 per time if we have an average season. Thats great if you can get those prices but I'd have people laugh in my face if I asked them to pay that much.

7. SnowGuy73

I have a driveway kind of like the one in picture 1, they pay per push I get $61.00 a time for 2-6". Like I said you could maybe bring the prices down a bit, but if these people are going to be real picky I would keep them kind of higher. :nod:

8. SnowGuy73

Nathan281, What city are you out of?

9. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

Edina Area

10. SnowGuy73

Thats kind of what I thought, that or Lake Minnetonka area..

11. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

So you say you would be luckey to get $350 for the year for #2

I had a frend get a quote form a large company here probably the biggest. They are not high quality. They said with in 12 hours to clear you out and longer for heaver snow falls his drive was like #2 and the quote was $95 a month (5 months) per time was $32 for 1-4 $42 5-8 $52 9-12 and so on.

12. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

What company is that, I'm largely in Edina as well and I actually just switched to seasonal contracts and it is like pulling teeth to get these people to sign up. I'm not saying you're not going to get what you're looking for, but yes in your number 2 photo I'd say you'd be very lucky to get $350. Now I'm basing my numbers on 1 1/2" trigger. Good luck, I hope you can get what you want, I'd rather see people be higher than lower in their bids, at least that way the market is going in the right direction. Keep us informed as to what happens. :waving:

13. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

By the way, I see your pictures are off the MLS does that mean you are working for a realtor and these houses are for sale? If that's the case then I would definitely be higher on my numbers, because they are a short term deal.

14. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

Sorry, I can't seem to get all my thoughts into one post. I am aware of at least 2 companies in Edina that will do any drive for $350 per year. I don't know what kind of service they offer but I wanted to let you know.

15. SnowGuy73

I did'nt even notice that, if thats the case you'll never get that kind of money for those houses..They will/always do take the lowest bid...But hey good luck either way.

16. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

I got the pictures form MLS because I did not want to put the properties that I was taking care of.

The company I was talking about was Green Horizons. The quote was based on 1 1/2 trigger or 1/2 trigger for $125 a month. I know another guy that was getting $100 (last year) a month to do a similar drive.

jkkalbers What are the 2 companies you know that would do it for $350? And do you know for sure Actually see the bids? Some people will try and pull anything if they feel you will fall for it. I have had it tried on me too many times :realmad:

Last year I did $360 minimum I feel this is to low I quoted 2 side by side smaller drives than #2. When I quoted them for lawn service I could tell I was high and did not get the job tell later because the others were doing a bad job than later I got the snow when I told her the price she jumped all over it so it was for sure lower than what she was paying before later I got a call from 2 accost the street and they wanted theirs done and I got those 2. I can have all 4 done in less than a hour walks and steps included.

17. theturfsurfer

theturfsurfer Junior Member
    from mtka,MN

I noticed this post earlier and I thought those prices are very high. Don't try and compete with Green Horizons with prices alone. They always charge less for the basic service, i.e. weekly mowing or plowing, They are cheap on these prices but charge very high on additional services like salt or fall clean-ups. They get the customer with the low price and make up the difference on up selling.

18. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

If you think these prices are high than let me know what your prices would be

How many of the #2 size drive ways and walks can you as a single guy handle in a season?

jkkalbers when you say $350 is that with or without the walk?

19. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you talking about the #2 pic in the first group of 3?

If so, I'm not that far off on my prices. $900 for the season is only $150 / month. The reason that I'm high if I shovel is, they pay me the same hourly rate if I shovel or if I plow. In pic #1, imagine shoveling a 12-14" snowfall off of all those steps! :eek:

20. Nathan281

Nathan281 Junior Member
    from MN

Yes #2 pic in the first group of 3

They go by 5 a month season #2 would be $475 for a 1 1/2in trigger and $625 for a 1/2in trigger This price includes the walk ways.

theturfsurfer Are you saying that green horizoins prices are high or LwnmwrMan22's prices are high. Where would you price them at?