1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MMplow with instaact will not raise

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by bobl, Nov 19, 2009.

1. bobl

bobl Junior Member

Ok I am stuck here. All three valves seem to be working, S1 was replaced new. S3 was taken out and pwered up and it looks to be moving ok. The plow moves left and right fine but will not raise. Motor powers up and valves S3 clicks but nothing happens. I have power where it is needed when called for. Any ideas? maybe something I am overlooking

2. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

3. bobl

bobl Junior Member

I did the guide. all but the pump PSI as I dont have a gauge but where it moves easily left and right it doesnt seem to have an issuse. The only thing I have not touch is the packing nut. IF the same one at the top of the raise piston. Maybe it froze up from sitting? I will have to get a good size wrench for that.

4. RepoMan207

from Maine

My cousin's plow did the same thing over the summer. We religiously hit it with fluid film and applied steady pressure with a floor jack and a 4X4 over a week to no avail. He ended up replacing the lift ram instead of messing with it.

5. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Takes alot less pressure to angle than to raise. Does the pump atleast take the slack out of the chain?

6. bobl

bobl Junior Member

no the piston doesnt move at all up. the hose flexes and looks like the pressure is eased up when moving to lower the plow. With the plow jacked up and no weight the piston will still not go up

7. bobl

bobl Junior Member

Should I be able to lift that piston up, evenif needing a jack? Like being able to push it down when in the float postion?

8. RepoMan207

from Maine

yes you should. I have been told once it is in float mode it can go up as well as down, but have someone hit the raise button on the controller while using a floor jack & a 4x4 under the lift arm. If it goes up hard if at all. it's the lifting ram / packing nut that is causing you this headache. Why not just loosen the packing nut to see if that works first though?

MAKE SURE TO KEEP YOUR FEET CLEAR OF THE BLADE AT ALL TIMES!

9. bobl

bobl Junior Member

I couldnt get the packing nut to move, so last night I coated it with mystery oil and tried again today. Wiht a breaker bar and elbow grease it finally moved. I backed it off about 1/3 turn and it tried it. It WORKED!! sounds kinda rough but the first time it has moved all year so I will greas up all the pins. I backed it of just a touch more and it seems ok.

10. RepoMan207

from Maine

Sweet. You may want to either replace that cylinder or rebuild it before the snow flys. I think there only like $100 bucks or so. They tend to be fine with constant use, but if you don't use it for awhile or there is a dry spell between storms...........