1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MMount motor not working

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by amcolandscaping, Nov 27, 2008.

1. amcolandscaping

amcolandscaping Member

Ok I have an older minute mount setup I am trying to get working! When I hit the joystick i hear the solenoid working under the hood but plow motor doesnt work. I have power to the pump motor when I hit the joystick but pump doesnt move or make any noise. I just took the motor off to see if it is siezed and it does turn. I stuck a screw driver in it to turn it. Do you think the motor is still bad? Help!!!!

Matt

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Did you check to be sure you have a good ground connection? You can use a set of jumper cables as a temp ground and try it again. If it's still a no go then likely the motor brushes are froze up and/or corroded. You can disassemble the motor and clean the brushes and brush holders as well as give the armature a good polishing.