1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mmii

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PLM-1, Jan 7, 2005.

1. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

Does anybody have a pic of their truck with their blade off and the MMII frame mount on the truck. I need MAX ground clearance...need to make sure there isn't too much junk hanging off the bottom of the truck. I am now considering an X-Blade instead of a Western. I was gonna go with a Western MVP but got to talking to a friend and consulted a dealer and am wondering if the MVP will be too much weight for the truck it will be going on (05 GMC D/A 2500HD Extcab short box). The thing I loved about the Ultramount was how low-profile the mount was?

You Fisher guys...show/tell me why I should get an X-Blade over a Western.

2. harley hauler

harley hauler Senior Member

go with the X won't have to worry about rust and peeling paint. I'll take a pic in the morning for ya I have a mm1 but the mounting set up is the same

3. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

awesome...appreciate it! :salute:

anybody else?

4. gcsupraman

gcsupraman Senior Member

I have a 2500HD with an x-blade. I could measure from the ground to mount if you want.

-Greg

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The X-Blade is great! My X:

6. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

The picture didn't attach

7. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

sounds good...while you are measuring...measure from the lowest part of the truck and then from the mount as well...so i can get a sense of the thickness...i appreciate it!

8. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Does Your (05 GMC D/A EXTcab Short box) Have the plow prep?
    I went and looked at one and the dealer told me that with the D/A Combo I could not get the plow prep. :cry:

Thanks,
    Jason

9. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

sure you can...just have to know how to do it...

on gmbuypower.com:

select the truck and when you get to your options select Snow Plow Prep then select duramax (not the pkg) and then select the allison tranny. after you select the duramax if you selected the "LT" package it will tell you that you can't have automatic climate control. but yes you CAN get it. I talked to my GMC dealer and he said that is how youhave to go about getting the Prep pkg

10. JPMAKO

JPMAKO Senior Member

Okay I see
    But You cannot add it to an Extended Cab w/ Long Bed.
    Some guys in my area are doing it anyway without the plow prep but I am very skeptical about it. If I am gonna spend $40,000 on a Truck I don't want to not have a full warranty on it because of a plow.
    I have e-mailed GM about this and they said that for 2005 It is not an option with the long bed. This I believe is gonna hurt them big time. I would hope that sometime in the near future they start redesigning these so that you can have the plow prep on a diesel XCab/ long bed.

Thanks for the reply,
    Jason

11. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

Best angled pic I have...

04 F250 33s Avatar.jpg

12. sgthawkusmc

sgthawkusmc Member

Sorry, resize made it come out to small and a little blurry.