1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MMI on 2002 2500HD chevy

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Tedd, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

I am having trouble finding what I need to buy to put my MM I on my 2002 chevy. I believe push plates are the same but will I be able to hook up light harness? What harness do I need to make it work. My old harness has relays. Thank you for any help. Tedd

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Well firstoff what is the current truck that the MM1 is on now?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

An secondly....What plug set up do you have? 9 pin 12 pin 2 pin ect?

4. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

The plow is on my 86 chevy which I have apart and do not think I will get it back together in time for snow so I want to hook it up to my 02. I realize I have to buy push plates and wiring but I do not know which ones. I would like to buy used since money is tight. The plugs, one has two holes the other I believe has twelve? I will have to check for sure later today. Thanks again for any help. Tedd

5. Brian Simmons

Brian Simmons PlowSite.com - Sponsor

The plug has 12 holes but only 9 are functional. We offer a relay style harness but recommend only thru the 2001 model year. The truck changed in 2003 so in theory it should work on the 2002. 2001 was the last model year that we physically tried it on. The pushplates will not work. if the truck is a 1500 then you will need a 7160 kit - if the truck is a 2500 you will need a 7161 kit. the relay harness number is a 26070 and is a 6 relay system.

6. Tedd

Tedd Member
    from CT

Thank you Brian, thats great info. I assume the 01 model must have been newer body style so it should work on my truck. I will contact my local fisher dealer and see if I can buy the light harness. Tedd