1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 Xtreme V

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hikeradk, Feb 26, 2012.

1. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Blade is not responsive. Lights flicker when I try to lift the blade. Hear a clicking noise. I'm thinking electrical and possible motor issue. Thoughts?

2. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

Unplug & replug your wiring first. My other guess would be check the main relay to see if it us hung up, if it still has one I haven't looked at my XV, I know the Ez-V still had them. Other than that check to make sure your connections are tight.

3. terraventure

terraventure Member

i have the same issue nd i went to the fisher website found the troubleshooting guide and went through it and found I need a new motor. I was polwing along fine pushed into a snow bank and then nothing.

4. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

I read through the service guide. Checked my connections and fuses and have a feeling that in the end think it will be a new motor.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Are you getting 12V to the motor when you try to operate the plow?

6. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Like the previous post check and see if you have 12v at the motor.Check and make sure that the connections on the motor are good and tight as well.How old is the plow?

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

grounds grounds grounds check them all

8. doyles

doyles Member

are the wire connections at the motor clean and tight? any green in the plugs?
    did you check the connections at the solenoid and battery?

9. hikeradk

hikeradk Senior Member

Verdict is in...

Verdict is in... ended up being the control board in the fish stick that was not working.

10. doyles

doyles Member

glad you quickly found the problem.