1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 XBlade just clicks

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by geauga, Nov 6, 2014.

1. geauga

geauga Junior Member

Need help diagnosing. Solenoid clicks with each fishstick function button but no hydraulic movement. This happened last season the service guy replaced a fuse and spread the male pins on the motor control harness and was ok the rest of the season. Hooked up the plow this week and jusrt got the click. Here is what I have done. Replaced the 10, 15 and 30 amp fuses and spread the pins on the motor harness. Put jumper cables on the motor and found that it would not spin so I replaced the motor and still ahve the same result. If I disconnect both the wires from the motor and push any button on the controller I get 14.75 volts at the wire connectors but don't get anything at the motor posts when those wires are reconnected and the button is pushed. Each function on the controller gets a click from the solenoid and each coil. I have also disconnected and reconnected all four of the iso module connectors.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

You jumped the motor with jumper cables, pos to pos batt and neg to neg batt and nothing? I find that hard to believe....with the new motor I'm talking about

3. geauga

geauga Junior Member

Just a spark but no turn.

4. dieselss

Take the motor back out and do it again on the bench. Somethings amiss

5. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Or the gears in the pump are in 1000 pieces.

6. dieselss

Or 1001,,,but good point

7. geauga

geauga Junior Member

I will try that this afternoon. Thanks guys.

8. geauga

geauga Junior Member

I jumped the motor again and it spun. I guess I just needed to tolerate more spark the first time. But I still just get a click.

9. dieselss

So your solenoid is just clicking now?
    Well testlight the output side of it, then to the motor, test light that as well and see where your looking power

10. geauga

geauga Junior Member

The output side of the solenoid lights when controller button is pushed. I put the test light to the positive motor post and and tried the controller and the tester lit. I then put the tester on the neg motor post and tried the controller and it lit.

11. dieselss

The neg side of the motor should always be grounded no matter what.
    If the test light lit,,somethings wrong

12. geauga

geauga Junior Member

I just retested. Running test light from batt neg to motor neg I get a light when button is pushed and running from batt pos to motor neg the light is on till button is pushed.

13. dieselss

Yea You need to Ck that gnd. Where do you have it grounded on the trk?

14. geauga

geauga Junior Member

The ground goes directly to the battery. I disconnected the motor ground and ran a jumper from the neg battery term to the neg motor terminal and the plow operated normally using the controller. So I went to a dealer and got the truck side motor harness ( it was the only side he had) and it returned to just clicking. So I'm guessing I need the plow side motor harness. Thoughts??

15. dieselss

If you jumped it with the jumper cables and it worked,,,,and then tried a plowside and it didn't work,,then yea I'd say truckside.
    You can always ohm it out and see if it's "open or OL" on the meter

16. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds right to me.

17. geauga

geauga Junior Member

I just installed the plow side motor harness and all is good. Thanks again to all those who helped.