1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 won't stay straight or angled

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by camaro 77, Feb 11, 2010.

1. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I noticed last night that the plow won't stay in the position that I put it in I am able to pull or push the plow left or right with my hands. I have no external fluid leaks it will stay up with no problems any help would be great I am in Bellingham Ma if anybody could help me with this issue thanks Jeff

2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Sounds like a stuck cartridge or relief valve.

3. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

can you tell me where they are located I would think in the manifold block also will they come out or are they usaully frozen thanks for the help I am getting very discusted with this plow every storm I have a problem with it lately it is 5 years old maybe it just my luck

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

That sucks, mine is older than that and has't given me much issues. Yes they are in that block. Go to the Fisher site and look through their schematics. They show exactly where they are located.

5. wildbl1500

wildbl1500 Senior Member

Mine had an issue with relief valves two seasons ago... I thought I did myself a favor by adjusting them last season, but I went the wrong way. Like PlowGuy said, go to the fisher site and look for relief valve replacement. I didn't need to replace mine, just pay attention when adjusting them.

6. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

I checked the cartrages and they are ok they are moving freely and clean I was able to remove one of the relief valves the one on the drivers side it was clean not sure what to look for the pass side plug or valve is frozen in the manifold so not sure if I can get it out unless there is a trick that some would like to share tested after checking the one valve and cartrages and still no change the fluid level is also full and one that can help or has any more ideas I would love to here them thanks

7. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

could I have a couple bad angle pistons? and how could I check them?

8. camaro 77

camaro 77 Senior Member
    from ma

9. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It could be the popet, the relief valves, stuck S2.....I would replace the S2 first. I know you said you checked it, but it could be jammed open and staying that way. I've only experienced this first hand once before, I changed the S2 and it fixed it. That's not to say that will cure your problem though, it could be something else all together. As far as the relief valves go, I could be incorrect, but I would think both cross over relief valves would have to be malfunctioning to cause what you're experiencing. That's too many coincidences, so I would leave that part till last. Same for the angle rams....not likely.

Here are a few things to check and try.

prob.jpg

hydtest.jpg

The bottom table is what you are experinceing.?.?

carttest.jpg

relvalve.jpg

prob.jpg

hydtest.jpg

carttest.jpg

relvalve.jpg