1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 wont move.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by cjasonbr, Jan 31, 2009.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I was plowing a DW that was sorta crappy and the plow was tripping some and my plow stopped working. It still makes noise when i push the joystick but the plow doesn't move. There are no leaks that i could see.

Does this mean i need a new pump? Is there something else it could be? Thanks to anyone that can provide any insight.
  2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Nah you probably just blew the solonoid. Or a ground loosen up from all the banging of truck. check conections. Doesnt sound like a pump. But check fluid for chits and giggles. Its not cold enough for a freeze up
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  3. MustangFox302HO

MustangFox302HO Junior Member
    from Mass

how old is the plow is it left out side all summer in the shade ?? the motor is just like a car starter. when thye go its because of rust the motor wont turn. i had a plow i bought brand new used it two seasons and stored it in the shade for the summers . i didnt use it one season and when i took it out to use it it didnt work motor was junk really rusted. the motors r pretty cheap $150 easly to do to . but do take a look at ur gournds and plugs and celaniods
  4. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

Thanks for your thoughts guys!

I went down to the dealer and attached the plow to the truck so we could trouble-shoot the problem and lo and behold - it worked fine.

I hope it doesn't happen again........ ugghhh
  5. strawhead

strawhead Junior Member

I had the same problem a couple days ago.....yes we had snow here in delaware!!!! I had plowed for a couple of hours and it happened. The plow dropped to the ground,angled right and then my lights went out with no control. My mechanic found it was loose connections on the batteries. Very weird as i just replaced my batteries a few months ago. Just goes to show that while plowing, there are many forces at work under the hood !!!
    Maybe its the same problem for you. Good luck.

6. searay220

searay220 Member

Mustangfox where can you find a motor for a MM2 for $150?