1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 wiring harness

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Nummy, Sep 26, 2009.

1. Nummy

Nummy Junior Member

This summer I bought a 2003 Silverado with a MM-2 fisher plow. When the plow is hooked up and the harnesses are attached the battery goes dead when the truck sits over night. Coming from the truck one of the female connectors has an 11-sockett plug on it. One of the sockets on the 5-socket row, furthest from the arrow in the plug that hooks to the headlights is showing 12 volts when the truck is turned off. I feel that this isn’t right and that this is causing the truck to run the battery down. I also feel that this live 12-volt lead is the reason why the last owner said that the plow was causing a major drain on the electrical system on the truck when he was plowing. I had the alternator checked and it’s good and it had blue plow oil in it, as I just changed it this weekend so I don’t think he was having problems with ATF getting cold, turning to molasses and causing a drain on the electrical system. My question is should there be a live 12- volt wire in that harness and if not how can I correct it?