1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 used price? I'm looking

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by daninline, Dec 22, 2008.

1. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Ok my work is getting rid of there MM2 plow 8 foot what is a good price for it?
    I want to be fair on both sides.

Dan

2. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

how old? What condition?

For some reason there were a LOT of 8' MM2 plows on craigslist and it was the 7.5' MM2's that were getting the most money (up to $2500).

I saw 8' MM2's for less than $2,000 in really good condition.

But I would ask for $2500.

JMHO

3. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

2 grand or so.

4. PLOW_GUY

PLOW_GUY Junior Member

just be careful and look it over real good. and keep in mind that if your truck has nothing on it you wiring will run you about $930.00 depending on the truck and the frame kit will run you some where from 460.00 -593.00 depending on the truck. that's just for parts to hook into it. good luck

5. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Well I found out if they sell it they will be having a sealed big from anyone that works there.
    it will come with everything including the controller. Plus they also have a Stanless steel V box sander.
    I was thinking of bidding 2550.00 for it all do you think that's a fair price?
    I really want to replace my old POS plow it works but it's just slow

Dan

6. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Ok I got more info it's a 2003 plow and it's going to come with the truck wiring.
    Also it's a 2 wire setup, looks in good shape also. what's it worth do you think.
    I'm putting the bid in by Friday and I'm trying to get the sander also..
    Dan

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  7. beatle78

beatle78 Senior Member

Is the wiring coming from the same truck you are putting the plow on?

Also search craigslist for Fisher plows. 3 weeks ago when I was looking there were a LOT of 8' Fishers... AND there was a SWEET deal on a 8' X-blade.

It was either on the boston craigslist or the southcoast mass craigslist....

is it coming with the truck mounts too?

8. daninline

daninline Senior Member

I have a 1996 F250 and it's on a I think 1999 F250 with a 5.4 will the wiring be the same. it comes also with the mount but I don't think that will fit? Mine is a old MM with the under the hood hyds so it looks like my mount will work, what do you think?

Do you think around 1000 would be a good deal?

Dan

9. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah 1000 is good. FYI 2 plug system is a MM1 not mm2.

10. i seen them go for 2000 to 2500 depends on how good of shape they are in and stuff like that

11. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

DAVE, you can wire a MM2 with the two plugger. Especially 99....they still were distributing with the SEHP....which is more common on the 2 plug relay system. My 03 has a 2 plugger. Not sure why, but it came from the dealer new like that. Your right though, most 2 plugs are the MM1 series.

12. daninline

daninline Senior Member

well it's a 2003 looks to be in good shape so I put a bit in for it and also the ss v box sander.. I will find out middle of next week :)

Thanks for the help guys

Last edited: Jan 9, 2009
  13. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

FYI, not to be a stickler....but its Bid, not Bit.

14. daninline

daninline Senior Member

bid bid bid bid... LOL
    RepoMan it was late but I do feel good about the bit LOL bid I put in