1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

MM2 turns on then off

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by WOODY367, Jan 6, 2011.

1. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

My MM2 has worked fine so far. Hooked up today and it turned on, then off completely, lights,controler, everything. then on again and then off. Some times its every few second and the something it a few minute. I cleaned all conection and played with them to duplicate the problem and no luck. Checked all conections on the isolation mod. but nothing.
    Is there a relay or breaked thats going bad?

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  2. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

How many pins should each plug have? Light, pump?

3. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Power connector 2, Light 11, and 3 on the control connector...7 if it's a V blade.

4. WOODY367

WOODY367 Senior Member
    from LI, NY

Thanks, wanted to make sure 1 pin didn't break. Couls the isolation modual be going bad?

5. RepoMan207

from Maine

It sounds like a loose connection...whether it's the controller, a pin, or other connection some where......

Check the battery connection, relay connection (I once saw a broken stud on a relay due what your describing, but it would only act up when he hit a snow bank or bump, not sitting still), what kind of condition are the grill connectors in, could be a pin barley hanging on, or a pinched or crimped wire. If you can't find anything obvious I would suggest tracking all the wiring looking for a weak wire.

6. RepoMan207

from Maine

I wouldn't think so. It's either toast or it's not. I'm confident this is a connection issue....whether a actual connection of some sorts, or a boken wire.