1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Mm2 turning itself off

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 72tx340, Dec 27, 2012.

1. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

Hi all i was out plowing today and my plow worked fine. I went out a second time and my plow kept turning itself off. At first i thought i hit the on/off button but after awhile i watched for it. I had to turn the power back on to it about 6 times while plowing. Any ideas? Gould the plugin at the plow maybe not making a good connection? Its a 2006 gmc 2500 with dual batteries which were chanded this summer (both were). Voltage drop problem? Or connector?
  2. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

just the plow, was the light on the controller off when it shut down? Mine did this last year during a few storms and it ended up being the red wire that plugs in the fuse box. just wigled the wire and my light on my handheld went on and off. just made a better connection and hasnt done it again.
  3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds like you may need a new fishstick. Try swapping out controls with someone to see if that's the problem.
  4. 72tx340

72tx340 Junior Member

well i tried it again and it happened once this time i had the radio on and the radio quit for a few seconds. so im thinking its due to voltage drop